Element heat exchangers
Use and application
Cooling plants for various applications:
- Air recooling plants for electrical machinery.
- Water recooling plants for cooling circuits.
- Oil cooler for lubricating oil or turbine oil.
- Transformer oil coolers and cooling plants used for for power plants, electric locomotivesvor motor coaches.
- Heat exchangers for process engineering.
Performance data, model and construction design of the heat exchangers are determined by the customer according to his instructions and to the users specification.
Cooling system with composite finned tubes
Following types are used:
- Single finned tubes with fitted fins. Connection between fins and tubes by hot-dip tinning or hot galvanizing.
- Single finned tubes with spiraled fins. Connection between fins and tubes by soldering, expansion or laser-welding.
- Single finned tubes with extruded fins.
These systems are preferably used for operation under high mechanical stress or for cooling moist gases wich yield condensate.
Owing to the permanence of the solder joint between fins and tubes, the finned-tube system guarantees consistent heattransfer under high mechanical and thermal stress.
Cooling system with compact lamella tubes
Lamellas and tubes are connected by high-pressure tube expansion.
The system is employed in high-grade mechanical engineering for stress in stationary operation.
High-strength, sturdy lamellas are used wich extend over the entire width of the block.
The following corrosion-resistant materials are normally used for the lamellas:
- Aluminium alloy (AlMg3).
- Stainless steel (1.4306 oder 1.4571).
The thickness and stregth of the lamellas guarantee a permanent connection between lamellas and tubes and provide a high degree of protection from mechanical damage.
Construction and design
- Tubes of corrosion-resistant materials:
- - Copper, complex brass, cupro-nickel, stainless steel, titanium
- Material for headers and tube plates:
- Steel, cast iron, stainless steel, complex brass, cupro-nickel bronze, red brass, titanium
- Coating of tubes, tube plates and headers:
- Epoxy rein, rilsan, tar epoxy, säkaphen.
- Tubes are rolled-in or welded into the tube plates.
- Element protected from vibration by stay bars.
- Headers are screwed or welded.
- Pressure-resistant collecting header up to 100 bar.
- Tubes with turbulators for fluids of high viscosity.